Monday, October 1, 2018

Halloween 4k - Halloween Movie 2018



I actually prefer this edition of the movie to the more recent 35th Anniversary edition. The nighttime scenes are easier to see - the 35 ANN. Edition is very dark and overstaurates these scenes with the color blue, making it look like a more modern film. This older transfer has caught some criticism for having too much green in the outside scenes - though this is truer to the look of the original film, it isn't appropriate for a movie that takes place in autumn. It's also true that this edition doesn't have as many extras, but the commentary track with Carpenter, Debra Hill, and Jamie Lee Curtis is one of the best I've ever heard and the 45 minute making of is also surprisingly solid.
When I bought this edition, the 35th Ann. edition cost twice as much, so I feel I made the right choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment